Since its Grand Opening on May 15, 1937, the garden has gone through many transformations. Here’s a concept drawing of the park which includes tennis courts and a baseball field! The City Council decided this design did not fall within original guidelines as a place of tranquility for the citizens of the region.
Click on the images to see full size.
Here’s a copy of the map/brochure from the 1990’s: